Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) is an advanced, instructor led classroom course that highlights the importance of High quality CPR, pharmacological and electrical therapy for cardiac arrest, team dynamics and communication, systems of care and immediate post cardiac arrest care. It also covers airway management and related pharmacology. In this course, skills are taught in a combination of large, group sessions and small, group learning and testing stations covering case-based scenarios.
- Key changes in advanced cardiovascular life support, reflecting the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of bag-mask device and use of an AED
- Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
- Recognition and early management of pre-arrest conditions such as symptomatic bradycardia
- Airway management
- Related pharmacology
- Management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS)
- Management of stroke
- Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
- Effective Resuscitation Team Dynamics
This course is for Healthcare Professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. Students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations guided by our instructors and complete a written exam. A passing score of 84% or better is required before your card can be issued.
Course Length: 12 hours for new certification, 8 hours for renew certification
Full participation is required, attendance and arriving on time are mandatory for class completion and certification.